The oh-so-welcome signs of Spring have helped energise my efforts in getting the makerspace off the ground.
We had got as far as painting the previous workshop, but then there was a change of plan so that we swapped rooms with the Music Makerspace; probably best in the long-term, but a rather disheartening in the short-term.
I've made a start in clearing out (again) the new workshop, sifting through piles of pottery equipment, cast-offs, wood and general rubbish. We're almost there; just need to find a home for a load of wood scraps and pallets. Then we need to give everything a thorough clean before painting. I've managed to buy a load of incredibly cheap paint from Wickes; not eco-friendly, but on a room this size we could never afford to use eco-paint at this point.
There are no electrics in the workshop yet, so we'll need to squeeze a little money out of members-to-be before we can afford the necessary lighting and sockets. Then we can decide on a layout for the room, including benches, worktops and storage.
I am hoping we might be up and running by April/May - realistic or not - we shall see..